Energy Control Networking Demonstrations For Smart Cities
##IMAGE_1_R##The Echelon Smart Street Lighting solutions will show attendees how to easily transform streetlights into an intelligent, energy-efficient, remotely managed device network that delivers optimal lighting at less cost than low-energy luminaires alone. Echelon’s solution serves as a foundation for building a Smart City as new applications for monitoring pollution, air composition, humidity, temperature, traffic and street noise, can be added over time. More than 500 cities have started on the path to a Smart City, building on Echelon’s street lighting solutions.
The Echelon Smart Building solutions will demonstrate how facilities managers and application developers can leverage Echelon’s royalty-free platform to develop, deploy, and manage building automation and energy management systems. In addition, attendees will gain first-hand insight into how real world solutions can mix and match the world’s two leading building automation standards – LonWorks® and BACnet® – to provide end-users with the best that both standards have to offer.
Global partners for Echelon’s Smart Street Lighting and Smart Building solutions will demonstrate their applications built on Echelon's energy control networking platform. The applications include:
•LonWorks to BACnet/IP integration;
• Demand Response and end-user energy portal services;
• Intelligent street lighting using outdoor lighting controllers for multiple types of lamps; and
• Intelligent street lighting using integrated ballasts and generators.
Free Educational Seminars for Light+Building Attendees
Echelon representatives will be speaking at LonMark International’s Education Sessions at Light+Building on April 17-18 in Halle 11.0 Raum Granaton on topics related to LonWorks Technology and LonMark Systems in the following sessions:
• Tuesday, April 17 at 11:15-12:15 – Echelon will participate in a panel titled, Is There A Smart Grid in Your Future?
• Wednesday, April 18 at 10:00-11:00 – Echelon will participate in a panel titled, BACnet vs. LON: The Battle is Over
• Wednesday, April 18 at 11:15-12:15 – Ron Bernstein, senior director, Commercial Programs and Business Development at Echelon, will present on Understanding LON and LonMark