Honeywell has announced a battery-free performance entry in its line of Xenon handheld barcode scanners. With high-quality scanning capabilities and durable design, Xenon XP increases productivity and reduces total cost of ownership in critical scanning environments, such as retail, light industrial and healthcare. The area-imaging scanner can be used in a variety of applications, such as at the point of sale for retailers or patient point of care for hospitals.
“Retailers and healthcare providers need a reliable imaging solution to handle their mission critical scanning tasks,” said Stan Zywicki, general manager of scanning & printing for Honeywell’s Productivity Products business.
“The industry-leading Xenon XP delivers high performance, durability and a cordless, battery-free option to reduce device downtime and service costs, which provides our customers with a lower total cost of ownership.”
The lightweight device has a superior depth-of-field and can easily capture even very difficult-to-read or damaged codes, which saves time and boosts productivity.
“Our technology enables snappy scanning and the ability to read what is often too difficult or even impossible for competitive solutions to capture,” said Zywicki. “We’ve applied a modern, user-focused design approach to deliver a device that is comfortable, sleek and easy to use.”
The Xenon XP features:
• Durable design to withstand 50 drops at 1.8m (6ft) and 3,000 tumbles at 0.5m (1.6ft)
• An IP42 ingress rating for water and dust
• Honeywell’s proven Adaptus imaging technology and a one-megapixel imager
• Multiple powering options, including exclusive battery-free cordless technology
• An optional, programmable vibration mode to eliminate unnecessary noise
• Two colour options: black or white. The healthcare version of the Xenon XP features disinfectant-ready plastics to offer protection against the spread of bacteria.