-cell alkaline battery applications, a typical discharge curve under a 160 mA load goes from 3 V down to 2.5 V after about three hours of operation. This would represent the end of life for a standard receiver operating down to 2.5 V. The typical non-linear battery discharge curve then provides a further 13 hours of operation before reaching 2 V. Thus a receiver capable of operating to 2 V can extend the useful battery life by a factor of more than four.
Typical end products for Vishay's V series include small handheld battery-powered systems such as digital still cameras, bi-directional remote controls, and 3D goggles. For additional power savings in battery-powered systems, the receivers feature a standby function.
The V option is available for 10 of Vishay's TSOP series IR receivers in six package types, including:
• TSOP312…, TSOP313…, and TSOP314… in cast packages
• TSOP38… and TSOP39… in MiniCast packages
• TSOP32… and TSOP34… in molded packages
• TSOP35… in standard SMD packages
• TSOP75… in Heimdall packages
• TSOP85… in bugeye packages