Livingston has, following the success of its RF test kit, now introduced an extremely flexible optical test kit to complement this. Through these kits Livingston clients will be able to specify a variety of different optical test products from the company’s broad portfolio - in order to put together a simple all-encompassing, cost-optimised rental package that suits their particular application needs, with all the benefits of a one-stop-shop approach. Through the optical test kit, they will be able to choose from an array of different optical analysers, optical power meters, dispersion analysers and optical sources available, as well various fusion splicers and fibre microscopes, to create a comprehensive test system.
The kit’s adaptability means that Livingston can respond to the growing use within the industry of passive optical network (PON) architectures, which require a different set of instruments, as conventional loss testers and OTDRs don’t have pass/fail functionality built in. It also addresses operators’ greater usage of fibre microscopes a with pass/fail option - as 90% of all network problems currently come from use of dirty connectors, the thorough inspection of connectors is now proving vital.
“Our newly announced optical test kits will present the test engineers that make up our customer base with an incredibly versatile equipment rental offering, where they can mix and match different test items from all the industry’s key manufacturers to build a fully optimised test solution for fibre optic deployment,” says Reinier Treur, Livingston’s Global Marketing Director. “It highlights our continuing efforts to make the rental of the latest instrumentation as convenient as possible.”
Among these products are:
• The JDSU OBS55/500/550 broadband optical sources
• The JDSU TLS-55 smart tuneable laser source
• The JDSU MTS-4000 with 4136-Metro PON OTDR
• The Fluke Networks Optifiber Pro OTDR
• The Anritsu MT9090 ultra-compact OTDR
• The EXFO FTB-730 OTDR with iOLM option
• The Fujikura FSM-12 V-groove splicer
• The JDSU FBP-SE01-EU fibre inspection probe with pass/fail function
• The JDSU HP3-60 optical power meter
• The EXFO PPM353C optical power meter for PON
• The Sumitomo T-71C lightweight, ultra-fast fusion splicer
• The Aefos AFXM-VD optical inspection microscope